I offer two types of commissions:
A custom work of art, often wildlife, based on my own reference material
A commission of your equine or canine subject
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. Period.
My studio schedule is usually committed months to a year or more in advance with shows, gallery work, and existing commissions.
Scratchboard commissions start at 9x12 and $1600.
Oil commissions start at 11x14 and $1500.
COMMISSIONED WILDLIFE ART
1. We'll discuss your interests and budget; usually, the price includes framing and shipping
2. I'll send you working study / digital sketches for the proposed artwork
3. After you've chosen a sketch as the basis for the finished piece, your commission is added to my calendar
4. When I'm ready to begin the final artwork, I'll ask for a 50% deposit
5. If you'd like to see the artwork in process, I'll send photos of my progress; I often post these to Facebook as well
6. Once the work is complete, you'll receive a photo of the final piece for approval
7. We'll decide on framing and shipping, and then I will have a crate custom-built for the artwork.
8. You'll receive and hang your new one-of-a-kind museum-worthy artwork!
COMMISSIONED EQUINE / CANINE WORK OF YOUR SUBJECT
I offer a completely bespoke experience to ensure the highest possible quality and your complete satisfaction. This includes:
1. Discussion and agreement on budget and medium (oil, scratchboard, etc.)
2. Travel to visit the subject: I prefer to get to know my subjects personally, and I use professional camera equipment to take the hundreds of reference photographs I'll need. It's also very useful for me to see where the artwork will hang: it influences the scale and approach I'll take.
3. Development of a number of sketches to offer you
4. Agreement on a schedule for completion of the final artwork, with 50% deposit required when I begin the piece
5. I'll send progress photos to you, if you'd like. For major commissions, I will also include a time-lapse video of the artwork's creation:
6. You'll receive a photo of the final artwork for approval. Once you've approved it, the remaining payment is due and I will arrange for framing, custom crating and shipping.
7. The best part: the uncrating and hanging of your one-of-a-kind, museum-worthy commissioned artwork!